Thursday, January 19, 2012

More Tropical Fruits

January 19, 2012.  On Flores, I had some of the sweetest, most delicious passion fruits I've ever tasted.  I had tamarillos and tamarillo juice for the first time and I love them.  Included in these fruit pictures are white dragon fruit, as opposed to red dragon fruit, and one of my favorites, manggis (aka mangosteen).  I am also very fond of guava juice (not pictured), which is supposedly good for Dengue.  Good to know. 

Passion Fruit

Inside of passion fruit

Newly opened passion fruit - I had already eaten most of the first one before I thought to take pictures

Sweet fruit and crunchy edible seeds - I like that it looks like frog eggs on my fork

Inside of passion fruit - the seeds were delicious!

Tamarillos

Tamarillo juice

Manggis are sometimes tied together to be sold

They have this cute flower looking thing at the bottom

And a pretty top - this one is a bit dried already

You squeeze it together in your hand to open it - the skin is not edible, but it's a beautiful color and will stain

The delicious fruit inside - there is a seed in only one or two of the wedges - I crave these things

The white dragon fruit (compare with the red dragon fruit) - sort of tasteless but beautiful and good fiber

White dragon fruit - you eat the inside with the black seeds

Red dragon fruit - I think they taste pretty much the same as the white

No comments:

Post a Comment